New concrete floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I just want to ask for some advice really. :oops:

We have had to have our flooring removed as we had a water leak for some time unknown to us and the joists/floorboards started rotting.

We have had somebody come out and remove the floor but there is a gas pipe as shown in the pic in red. He has sleeved the "floating" pipe and channeled it from the fire to the right side wall but the pipe that runs along the wall under the skirting through to the kitchen he has left and just put the dolomite under and over it so it's basically in-cased in that. Then he has flattened it all and laid the visqueen ready for the concrete. The copper pipe wont come into contact with the concrete but is it safe the way he has done it? He assures me it's fine but I guess I'm paranoid lol.

Just wanted to get an opinion as we don't want to take any risks with regards to gas. :confused:

Image below...

brKml5Hl.jpg

Thanks, Dan. :)

Sponsored Links
Yes sounds ok.
I would have gone for another wood floor though.
Could have had a new wood floor down in a day with insulation.

Hi people. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I just want to ask for some advice really. :oops:

We have had to have our flooring removed as we had a water leak for some time unknown to us and the joists/floorboards started rotting.

We have had somebody come out and remove the floor but there is a gas pipe as shown in the pic in red. He has sleeved the "floating" pipe and channeled it from the fire to the right side wall but the pipe that runs along the wall under the skirting through to the kitchen he has left and just put the dolomite under and over it so it's basically in-cased in that. Then he has flattened it all and laid the visqueen ready for the concrete. The copper pipe wont come into contact with the concrete but is it safe the way he has done it? He assures me it's fine but I guess I'm paranoid lol.

Just wanted to get an opinion as we don't want to take any risks with regards to gas. :confused:

Image below...

brKml5Hl.jpg

I don't understand the explanation. But if Corkwell is happy then its presumably going to be OK.

I would also have recommended a replacement wood floor too!

A lot less work and cheaper too!

Do you know Tudor?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes sounds ok.
I would have gone for another wood floor though.
Could have had a new wood floor down in a day with insulation.

Image below...

brKml5Hl.jpg

Thanks for the reply dcawkwell & Agile.

They have now laid the concrete and it seems fine. They done it in 3 days which wasn't bad.

We live in a private rented 2 house conversion and the second front room has been concreted in the past so they opted for that in the first one as-well as the wooden floor was a danger. They paid for it but I just wanted to make sure it was okay to do what they had done with the gas pipe lol.

This is it finished...

sCTkhjwl.jpg

Cheers, Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back