New Condensing bolier fitted...no rad heat downstairs!

JL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just recently had a new Glow-Worm condensing boiler fitted in the loft, new emmersion tank fitted also.

The baxi system removed was a back boiler.

The problem I've noticed is that out of the 5 upstairs rads 3 get very hot, 2 only warm. Downstairs of the 6 rads we have a little heat in 3 of them, the remaining 3 are stone cold. :(

I've read the post about balancing the rads, could someone in the know please advise me if this is likely to be my problem, we had 1 rad fitted downstairs when the boiler was replaced (so we had 5 downstairs with the baxi back boiler....all rads got ho with the old system)

If it is likely to be my problem, would you have expected the installer to have balanced the rads considering the relocation of the bolier to the loft and the addition of the extra rad? :rolleyes:

Many thanks in advance for any advice. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back