Luke warm rad's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a large central heating system - 16 rads, 3 of which are 2000 by 500 doubles. Runs on 100,000 btu bolier - the system is 3 years old. After solving a recent problem of the rads downstairs not getting hot at all by closing all rads upstairs and forcing water downstairs which seems to have cleared any air pockets I have now balanced the system and it is working fine. The problem I have now is that when the hot water (cylinder) and the heating are running the simultaneously the rads downstairs are lukewarm - when the hot water circuit is off the all the rads are fine ! Could it be that I need a bigger pump !

Sponsored Links
Try slowing rate of water through cylinder by adjusting gate valve or program water to come on before htg so you have a tankful of water already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back