New connection to public shared sewer Application form S106

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to fill in one of these forms?

Does anyone know if I have to fill out the section for a contractor to carry out the work if I plan to do it myself with a friend?

What is the likelihood I build anyway and retrospectively apply for it without facing any serious action?

If someone could fill it out for me I could pay them, any builders or plumbers who have filled out before please PM me, I have architects plans I can send across to help..

Sponsored Links
You can't do this work yourself unless you are competent and experienced and can supply documentary evidence to prove it .... ie no DIY

A method statement will need to be submitted too.

It could be a better option provided the drain is suitable and the necessary permissions are obtained. You will still need to notify the Water Authority/Sewerage Provider of your intention to connect so they can bill you.

Make sure you connect to the right sewer too! Any cross connection will have to be altered at your expense in the future.... :eek:

Sponsored Links
thanks, we are on a combined sewer here so no chance of going into the wrong pipe.

The plan is to relocate the SVP to the side of the house and connect it to the existing rain water pipe which connects to the public shared sewer in my back garden.

Would building regs inform me about trying to avoid making a new connection to a sewer and maybe an indirect connection using exisitng private homeowner responsible pipe.

Is it the case that the water company still need to be informed? Would I have to fill in the S106 form or could I just get them out to inspect it and pay them without the application?

Building Regs give the requirements and specifications the work needs to be carried out to. Any work on the drains will need Building Regs approval from the local council Building Control Officer, and he/she is likely to want to inspect the work prior to any excavations being backfilled in order to issue the necessary certificates.

Water Authority will need to be informed if you intend making a connection to a public sewer, or you are connecting a self contained building to a private sewer. I assume from your location you would be under Severn Trent? More info here: http://www.stwater.co.uk/developers/single-property-sewer-connections/

Assuming you are extending/altering an existing building and diverting an existing sewer, then it's likely only Building Regs approval would be needed, but I would discuss your intentions with the B.C.O. prior to starting work. The Architect should have provided specs for the drainage on the plans, but B.C.O. will have final say on exactly how things should be done. It's expensive to have to pull it out and redo it if the work isn't up to spec!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back