New Consumer Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Long time since I was here last and now need some advice. I am moving house soon and on inspection, it will need a new consumer unit and some new wiring. The heating will be provided by 5 Storage Heaters along with the Cooker, Shower, Lighting etc. What type of Unit would be best for this? Would 2 Units be better.

The house has the old style consumer unit and storage heating which will be replaced.

Any info to give me some idea would be great. There's so many out there.

When I opened the old cupboard it still has the old slot meter for the electric. Those were the days!!!!

Steve

Sponsored Links
The best consumer unit(s) are the ones supplied by the competent electrician who will be doing this major work for you.

whathesaidsmiley.gif

All I wanted to know what was the best way to do this. I only have so much room. I wanted to be ready and not in the dark so I could discuss ideas with my lecci.

Sponsored Links
He'll be able to tell, almost at a glance, what size CU(s) will fit in the space you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back