New corded drill reccomendation, yes corded!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my very old and sturdy black and decker plus SR 910RT finally gave up the ghost this afternoon mid-way through a job and i now need a new drill asap but i have no idea where to start.

My old B&D did everything, screws, drilling, hammer action, variable speed with 2 gears. I need to replace this and want to replace it like for like if i can and want to keep it corded. I don't want to reach for it and find i need to charge batteries or worse still a dud battery and have to buy a replacement.

I'm a very infrequent user, everything from a few times a week to not touching it for months and for everything from screwing into wood to drilling into brickwork to run cables etc.

Budget wise i don't want to break the bank buy i certainly don't want to buy twice buy cheap.

I have no idea where to start and with the current social distancing i don't really want to go into a shop and look around.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thank you, funnily enough i was just looking at that one. Does precussion mean it does screw, drill and hammer?

A hammer drill, also known as a percussion drill or impact drill, is a power tool used chiefly for drilling in hard materials. It is a type of rotary drill with an impact mechanism that generates a hammering motion.

Sponsored Links
When i looked at the title I immediately thought to suggest Black & Decker, then I saw you had one.
Like you I used mine for the past 25 years and done everything, including mixing mortar, tile adhesive and concrete!
A true beast.
Nowadays I only take it out if I need mixing small quantities or lately to scratch old cast iron garden features with wire spinning things prior to paint. (Sorry don't know the name of this wire attachment)

Thank you kindly i'll get one ordered so i can pick it up first thing in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back