new cu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having loft converted into bedroom and bathroom.New wiring is in compliance with new regulations.I have not that old MK CU fitted with one rcd for downstairs sockets.I have asked electrion to supply and fit new type of board ie Hager or wylex with two rcd,s and one rcbo+one unprotected.He says you supply and i will fit.Now could anyone tell me which brand is better and why.Wylex 10 way with two rcd,s+rcbo+spare with 100amp main isolator is about £100.I do not know how much same spec hager will cast.

Sponsored Links
It's like asking if Lexus are better that BMW, Audi, Merc.

We all have our favourites......

I like Wylex, hate MK CU's and have never worked on Hager units :eek:

Wylex Hi Integrity
Dual 80A RCD + 100A Main Switch
Consumer Unit 10w is £64 and 15w £69 plus MCB's, RCBO and blanking plates from TLC.

Hager 14w requires a seperate kit for the direct rail side, costs about the same, with MCB's and RCBO's a little cheaper than Wylex.

I'd go with a 15w Wylex, but they are quite lumpy, as in check the space you have- it's about 18" wide!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back