New Dishwasher fitted but a leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
it works fine, everything went to plan, hardest bit being getting the drawer unit out where the dishwasher will go.

I didn't fancy using solder fittings in the back of the cupboard and been as you can't see them I used compression fittings. Problem I have is with the elbow, I've tighten and tighten it till I can tighten no more and with every turn its leaked. I've surely overtighten it so can I drain it down undo and use something on the olive like ptfe, have seen mentioned boss white but not sure what it is or have I done something beyond repair?

Other side of elbow, the tee and connection are all ok, I haven't used anything on the olives as yet.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have crushed the olive into the copper pipe.
you can try a few wraps of ptfe or remake the joint with a new olive and cut the section of crushed copper pipe off.

will give the ptfe a go then, do i wrap a fair bit round. If that doesn't work means I've got to mess about getting more cooper!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back