New double glazed windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after quotes for new UPVC double glazed windows in my house but really don't want the hard sell I would get from having one of the big companies round to estimate. :mad:

We have a three bedroom 1930s semi detached with a porch . In total we have 8 windows actually on the house, these are of varying sizes including 2 that are bay, and the porch has 4 windows. In addidtion we would be looking to replace the patio doors and front external door.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Invite at least 3 of the smaller local FENSA registered companies in your area around; get personal recommendations if you can & look at previous installations! Make sure your comparing like with like, quality can vary enormously but ultimately it’s the installation that makes the job a good one. Making good outside should be included but plaster work inside will be extra & they won’t include it unless you ask. Get a quotation not an estimate & make sure it & your contract lists exactly what they will do, when they will start & when they will finish. An "estimate" is exactly that & you could find yourself paying for little extras like scaffolding, disposing of the old window units, trickle vents, fire escapes & other stuff that should have been included in the quotation. You don’t actually need trickle vents or fire escapes unless they were there before (but both can be a good idea) as long as you don’t make the situation any worse than it was. Make sure you get your FENSA certificate & an independent 10 year insurance guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back