New Drain Line into existing manhole

bear with me if anything i say has already been mentioned - but i cant fathom the above.

OP, Before anything else why not remove that brick perched on the vent.

1. pic 172.7 KB shows a (6"?) knuckle bend turning down into a hub that presumably connects to the house sewer line?
2. i suspect that that mess of concrete has been used to make an irregular branch connection instead of using a correct branch fitting.
3. or the original connection leaked and concrete was the cure?

4. after the corner of the house, where does the house sewer run to?
5. what is the strange arrangement of fittings at the new S&V pipe base? can you pic & post it?
6. presumably they are suspended above an old gulley hub.
7. this old waste gulley was not connected to a WC.
8. it was supplying a (6"?) salt glaze pipe to the knuckle bend?
9. if i'm correct then why are you running another plastic soil drain alongside the old salt glaze drain?

Sponsored Links
Agree with Boba that the new arrangements contradict the existing and look a bit amateurish and confusing in their appearance.

As I have stated previously and as Ian has shown, the whole lot needs renewing from a new IC located on the house corner as (Ian has illustrated) and work BACK (not toward) from there.

Looking at what's already there, I'd be inclined to look at fitting an IC on the corner of the property, and coupling onto the existing drain, just below that existing salt glazed bend that drops down into the main sewer going out to the road. Then renew all the pipework across the front of the house, picking up new and existing connections as required, and abandoning the old salt glazed from where you've cut into it at the bend.

If you are going to break into the run going out to the road, then you'll need permission from the Water Company as it's their sewer, (which seems pointless as you'll then have 2 pipes running parallel.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back