New electric heater without moulded plug!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I hope I am posting this in the correct forum if not I apolgise in advance. Over the weekend I have taken delivery of a brand new electric fan heater. I am not really that impressed, it looks 'used' but my main concern is that it has come without a moulded plug. It was probably 'Made in China' but I am still looking for info regarding this. What I really need to know is it illegal to sell electrical appliances without a moulded plug please?

Sponsored Links
There are rules to say all portable retail equipment should be sold with a plug but items intended to be fixed can still be sold without. For example a cooker. A storage heater would not come with a plug attached.

A floor standing fan heater should have a plug although no need to be moulded but nearly the same item designed for wall mounting in for example a bathroom would not.

And of course this only applies to items sold in UK. So it is hard to give a general answer with information you provide

See Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994 (S.I. 1994/1768)

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Thank you to all of you who have responded.
FAO Ban all sheds. No it wasn't bought from ebay although they are for sale on there! I have emailed the company from whom I purchased it but I can return it under the distance selling regulations. Besides the issue I have with the plug, the model I have received is not the model photographed on their web page. Thank you again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back