New en-suite drainage options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife's pestering for an ensuite in our bedroom. We have the space to do it and the hot and cold water supplies run right past so no problems there. The big issue is drainage. To get to the existing soil pipe we'd have to go half way round the house and through a conservatory, something I don't really want to do!! We do have a drain at the front of the house that currently takes the drains from the kitchen wastes. This is only around 3m from where the ensuite will be. Is it possible to have this drain changed to a soil pipe :?:

I understand that there might not be a simple yes/no answer but could do with a bit of advice on options.

Thanks in advance for you advice and time.

Sponsored Links
It may be as simple as providing a new soil stack & foul drain for the bathroom & connecting this into an existing inspection chamber (manhole); is there one nearby for the kitchen waste? Do you know if it connects to your foul drain system?

The only manhole is the one in my neighbours garden which would involve digging across 2 driveways, so not really something I'd want to do. Could we dig out the kitchen gully and use that connection to fit our own inspection chamber?

Sponsored Links
As long as you can confirm it connects to the foul drain system & the size is 110mm then you can dig out & provide your own drain invert & inspection cover at a convenient location & connect your new en-suite into that.

Be aware that this work along with the construction of your new en-suite must comply with all relevant Building Regulations, is subject to Building Submission & inspection & compliance certification by your LABC (fee involved).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back