urgent waste pipe help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a move around in my ensuite (new bigger shower and moving sink to another wall, toilet staying where it is). The current waste from the shower and sink run above the floor boards boxed in and feed in to the soil pipe in the main bathroom.
What I would like to do is move the drainage of the shower and sink so there is no boxing in required creating more space in what is not the biggest of en-suites. Can I take the drainage pipes straight out of the outside wall they are on and down to a drain directly below which the kichen sink and washing machine running into? I am only unsure as i have a feeling that these waste pipes need to run into the soil pipe, under building regulations.
Please help as this impacts on design.

many thanks

Jase

Sponsored Links
You can take them outside provided you have a trapped gulley running to foul waste to run them into. However, dropping waste pipes down a wall does have pitfalls - a major one being that a long vertical run can pull all of the water out of your trap, causing smells in the house. You can get over this by fitting a s,all AAV externally, but this must be mounted in the vertical position before any horizontal or 45º runs.

Sponsored Links
Air Admittance Valve.

hope im not next to that gully drain when someones having a shower.

this is a picture of said gully from the sink and washing machine in the kitchen below.
559773710498c8ee77aadeddb5331993866762b9004a0b42b84423b102ac59d16e88eb95.jpg

do you think it will handle the water from shower and sink above, it is not a power shower it is an 9.5kw electric shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back