Replacing bathroom wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the forthcoming re-fit of my bathroom furniture I intend replacing all the wastes including totally replacing the soil stack with new. This will be with like for like with the drainage points going into the ground in the same places.

The things which will change are an extra approx 3' on the soil pipe and the sink waste will have about an extra 6' length as I am moving these items slightly. I am fitting a shower as opposed to a bath which will have approximately 3' of waste pipe.

Sink and shower wastes feed into a hopper head with a drain into a yard gully. WC feeds a 4" soil stack which is fully external to the property.

Questions at the moment:-

After digesting a Wickes "good idea" leaflet this informs that any changes to drainage require BCO notification. Is this the case for adding an extra few feet of pipe as outlined above?

Everything will have a drop designed into it, is there an optimal figure for a slope on a waste pipe?

Also what would be the best diameter for the pipes from the basin & shower waste - I believe there are 32mm and 40mm available? I intend to solvent weld these together.

Sponsored Links
any changes to drainage require BCO notification. Is this the case for adding an extra few feet of pipe
Not for above ground pipework.

is there an optimal figure for a slope on a waste pipe?
1 inch fall per metre will be ok.

what would be the best diameter for the pipes from the basin & shower waste -
32 for basin and 40 for shower. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back