New energy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of you guys getting into new energy? Or is there still enough people out there wanting combi boilers etc. I carn't see people forking out 10k on a new systems, from my experience most people are happy paying 2k for a new boiler every 10-12 years an there gas bill every month, instead of a big pay out all at once?? Your thoughts??

Sponsored Links
gas has a robust future especially in cities...where solar is the only viable option for renewables..gas microchp will have a good future when they start installing them properly too...

ASHP etc are all noisy..and not really suitable in cities where we all live cheek by jowl

'Lectric's expected to be used more for heating, though the supply has to beef up . Price differential changes will push it. ASHP noise only expected to be a problem in high density accomms, expected to grow fast.
Replacing gas installation is difficult where there's no storage of water of course.
Gas expected to be commonplace for a couple of decades, but you only get hand-wringing if you push for a date.
No gas in new-build soon, as I'm sure you're aware. We may see it linger in a few systems, zorbing whacky zeolite or something similar.

Any of you guys getting into new energy? Or is there still enough people out there wanting combi boilers etc. I carn't see people forking out 10k on a new systems, from my experience most people are happy paying 2k for a new boiler every 10-12 years an there gas bill every month, instead of a big pay out all at once?? Your thoughts??

The tree hugging Greenwash con men are still around, but we are still taking out ASHPs that cost a fortune to run in the Winter. One auld dear got a £16K leccy bill for her Holiday house in the Highlands?? Contactors jammed on her leccy back-up boiler, so her ASHP is coming out very soon and her pile of sh.te NIBE heat pump will be scrap & a nice new oil boiler fitted.

The limited number of building sites that are around appear to be going for Biomass & district heating, but who's building houses?? The construction industry is on it's knees & when or if it picks up again, there'll be no tradesmen about............It's a sad mad country, shoot all Bankers on sight & give our kids some real jobs!!!

Aberdeen still has some work going on though, so you keep your head down Loon......... ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back