New EPDM flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How far does the EPDM have to go up against the joining pitches tiled roof.

I suspect 2 tiles. If this is correct do I remove the 2 roof battens and replace when the EPDM is fitted.

Sponsored Links
300mm and on boarding, and lap the sarking over it

If you are refixing the bottom tile batten onto the board, then to need to allow for drainage with some notches

Sponsored Links
Woody
I've never used sarkings. What would you recommend and tips diagrams.

That should have been sarking felt, ie the pitched roof felt or membrane. Some notches in the bottom of the batten normally does the trick

1. What size would a cocking fillet need to be ?

2. I have plenty of spare OSB 3 off cuts. Could this be used for layer board under the tiles, instead of plywood?

OSB will do, but be sure to fix it flush with the rafter surface not on top of them. Nail some lathes to the rafter sides to support it

The fillet can be about 25mm (a tile batten) but it will need to support the tile at the correct angle

You've got another week of fine weather :cool:

3.6mm might to ott thin unless you put supports beneath. 6mm should be OK

Does a roof cocking fillet need to be triangler, or would a simple roof type batten would do the job. This fillet would need Kick out my redland eave tile, 165mm x 200mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back