New External sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been asked by a friend to fit a new outside sounder unit to his house. The current one is defective. The alarm panel is an ascent G4 and the outside sounder is a Pyronix deltabell grade 3?.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on the comnnections to make at either end. Can anybody assist please?

Many Thanks,
Hans

Sponsored Links
Get a new Pyronix Deltabell Grade 3 and copy the wiring connections, could not be easier.

Many thanks for your reply Europlex, but perhaps I didn't make myself totally clear in my initial thread.

I have a wiring diagram, but it doesn't interpret clearly to me. I only have a basic understanding of alarm wiring.
I cannot make out the 'panel' connections within the diagram, as they do not appear to correspond to what I have within the Honeywell panel, being Strobe +, strobe -, T,A,D and B.

D = 12+
A = 12 - ( 0v )
B = bell trigger
T = tamper return ( link 0v in bell box to one of the T terminals )
Strobe - to strobe in bell box
Strobe + not required

Sponsored Links
There's some other stuff on the Grare 3 bell, with resistors and the like. Can you get a Grade 2 Deltabell instead? I'm not sure if the Accenta is even Grade 2...

Massive thanks to sparkymarka, I will use your connections later today and hopefully have the system up and running just before they depart for an xmas break. I appreciate your time taken to give me your advice.

Thanks to EightyTwo also, if I should do any more alarm installations, I will make sure I ask the supplier for a grade 2 Deltabelle.!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back