New fence panels needed what is similar good quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9A27AB31-47F6-4E76-A9F1-D97F36C553A4.jpeg
02A24768-C50D-4026-BDA8-F3FF45A9F211.jpeg
Hi everyone I’m looking to have these fence panels changed the concrete posts are fine I’m looking for a better quality panel what type is best similar design, is pressure treated good, just want something that lasts longer and reasonable price thank you any advice would be helpful

Sponsored Links
The badly broken ones are my neighbours side which he going to repair and the grey one is mine where the frame at top is torn and I’ve patched up for now

one of your gaps has been filled in with horizontal boards. I've been using decking boards in a similar way, they are treated, strong and cheap. I stain mine before use, it's easier and more thorough.

To prevent anyone lifting them out from the top, screw or nail a "post" to the top one and the one as far down as it will reach. Trying to lift out half a dozen or more will make the burglar's fingers hurt.

BTW you can paint the concrete posts with masonry paint, they will blend in and last longer. I user "bitter chocolate" colour to match my dark brown stain.

Don't forget to leave some 200mm holes at ground level for the hedgehogs.

HedgehogHole130mm.jpg

Hedgehog-highway-sign-installed-by-Sean-Hill.jpg

Last edited:
thank you but i really wanted to replace with 6x6 fence panels but im not sure which are the good quality type for a decent price ?

Sponsored Links
you can get ready-made close-boarded ones which are much better than the larchlap flimsies, but they need two men to carry, especially to slide in from above. It will depend on your local suppliers. Timber yards often have a contract. I got my last lot delivered free by a lorry driver who I thought worked for the yard but had in fact called in for a mug of tea with his mate on the counter.

Those waney panels are flimsy and just total crap.

My most common fitted panels are vertilap tanalised ones. My local supplier is £27 per 6x6 panel.

As stated above they're a 2 man lift to slot them into the existing posts.

Funnily enough I was ‘shopping’ with the Missus last week at B& M Stores they had a display of Grange Fencing Panels , for off the shelf they looked pretty good quality , maybe worth a look

Phil

Attachments

• CAB2F843-3438-42CE-990E-C70959353DE9.jpeg
    CAB2F843-3438-42CE-990E-C70959353DE9.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 177
Funnily enough I was ‘shopping’ with the Missus last week at B& M Stores they had a display of Grange Fencing Panels , for off the shelf they looked pretty good quality , maybe worth a look

Phil

These are the flimsy waney panels, for a few quid more per panel you can get much better quality

Get "pressure treated" not dip treated whatever you get. The orangey ones are dip treated.

Those waney panels are flimsy and just total crap.

My most common fitted panels are vertilap tanalised ones. My local supplier is £27 per 6x6 panel.

As stated above they're a 2 man lift to slot them into the existing posts.
I wondered why my back hurts .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back