New fence questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking at replacing our rear fence. Don't have to worry about neighbours (thankfully) as it doesn't back onto another property.

I'm trying to figure out what I need and am no doubt over complicating things. Please can someone double check my calculations.

For a 6ft high fence, I need:
2.4m posts, 600mm deep
150mm gravel board
1650mm feather edge boards
Arris rails, etc.

However, finding 1650mm boards is proving a nightmare. Standard length I can find is 1800mm, but I don't fancy cutting 75+ boards down to size. What am I missing here? I do just need to get 2.7m posts, 750mm deep? Then the gravel board + feather edge would give me to 1800mm, no cutting required.

Sponsored Links
if you want six foot you dont have a gravel board just 1830+25 off the floor so 1855
the normal 6ft 6 as the gravel board is on the ground and sacrificial or off the ground by an inch so 2m

'get 2.7m posts, 750mm deep? Then the gravel board + feather edge would give me to 1800mm, no cutting required'

I done this this on my side fence and when we had storms, the neighbours kept asking why all their fences fell over and mine was still standing.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back