New fibreglass roof has pooling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new roof fitted to a garage. The garage width is 6m. THe builder was adament that firring of 95mm to zero would create the correct fall. I wanted 125mm to zero but the builder claimed it would be too steep to walk on. Can pooling like this be corrected or does it require redoing with a steeper fall.
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

Sponsored Links
it looks like the GRP mesh has been double up at the bottom end. Or is there a gutter drip fibreglass added and that thickness is causing it?

I get the deck routed out for the fibreglass drip edge to avoid that issue.

95mm fall is about 1 in 60 which should be ok

125mm fall is about 1 in 50 which I suppose is better, but shouldnt be needed with GRP, if its done flat.

There will always be a bit of ponding or water resting on a flat roof and a small amount of ponding doesnt reduce the effectiveness of a roof.

The builder has not fitted the guttering yet, I thought guttering should go on first then the drip edge into the guttering before starting. Is 1/2m of ponding acceptable and caused by the bad installation of the drip edge which looks raised. I think as Notch7 suggested the roof should have been routed out to make a flat edge. Is it fixable by routing out the edge and just reding the drip edge?

Sponsored Links
The builder has not fitted the guttering yet, I thought guttering should go on first then the drip edge into the guttering before starting. Is 1/2m of ponding acceptable and caused by the bad installation of the drip edge which looks raised. I think as Notch7 suggested the roof should have been routed out to make a flat edge. Is it fixable by routing out the edge and just reding the drip edge?

If the gutter is bracket fixed from below, its best done after to avoid resin splashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back