New Firewall prevents smart TV streaming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a new version of Kaspersky - Total Security 2017.
I was previously running Internet Security 2016 until it's licence expired.

However my Samsung TV can no longer see files/folders on the PC with the new software.
If I turn off the firewall part of the security software it can stream files ok.

Any ideas as to what settings I can change to allow streaming with the firewall on?

Sponsored Links
I can only assume the new firewall is blocking ports required for DLNA. I did this quick search... hope it helps.

Unfortunately I can't find any settings referring to DLNA.

Check on Kaperskys website, and on Samsungs. It may be that the TV internet settings need adjusting to lock into what Kapersky is allowing through.

Sponsored Links
Having done some more research it appears the problem is definately with the firewall.

Normally you can choose between type of network - public, local or trusted.

Mine is 'greyed out' and stuck on 'public'.

No idea why I can't change it!

There is an option under firewall settings that says Block connections if a user cannot be prompted, you might want to uncheck that if the TV doesn't show a prompt.

I unchecked that when I first got the problem - thinking that a smart tv might not be particularly 'smart'!

ellal : Grab a copy of this (Trust me it works 100%)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps3mediaserver/

This should take care of all your issues. And remember to allow it through the firewall when Windows asks for permission.

This can be used to stream to your Ps3 and Ps4 too. It was originally designed to stream from the PC to the PS3, but it is way beyond that now and i use it all the time.

Any issues, post here and i will answer.

Sponsored Links
Back