New floor standing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Were likely to be having a new boiler & tank, ours is a Myson Marathon around 17 years old or more & it struggles to keep going, it's in the outhouse with a vertical fluepipe
We want a floor standing boiler but want to avoid a combi.
Most boilers on offer seem to be wall mounted altho presumably the flue & pipes can be adapted to fit a wall mounted one?

Can't seem to find the cost for a Vaillant floor standing boiler, can anyone recommend suitable for running 10 rads?

Sponsored Links
Can't seem to find the cost for a Vaillant floor standing boiler, can anyone recommend suitable for running 10 rads?

Vaillant only do commercial in floor standing.

The only standard heat only (floor standing) condensing boilers that spring to mind are the Ideal Mexico HE or Potterton Promax HE85, along with their reputations :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Have a look at http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/in...oilers-and-systems/greenstar-fs-30cdi-regular

The literature appears to indicate that it will modulate down low enough for ten rads..

Oh dear!

Surely you are not one of these who think its OK to fit a 30 kW boiler when the heat loss is only 10 kW ?

Doing that produces a totally inefficient on/off modulation and poor regulation of heat in the property.

Didn't you learn the whole house method on your energy efficiency course?

I suggested that the OP look at the boiler litrature. We don't know how big his radiators are or what heat output is required. It's down to the installer to assess if the boiler is suitable. As that is the minimum size that worcester make in a FS it may be that they feel that the modulation is enough to cope with a smaller property or they don't make one suitable. I have given the OP a place to look for information not told them to fit a 30Kw boiler in their one bedroom flat. There are times when I think you have less intelligence than BigBurner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back