New Fridge Doesn't Fit Inside Kitchen Cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to buy a new fridge because the old one wasn't working. Unfortunately I couldn't find one that was small enough to fit properly inside the unit/cupboard the old one was housed inside, so had to take off the unit doors. It all looks a bit ugly now. Any ideas for a nice looking solution? I still have the doors so ideally those would go back on but I can't see how that would be possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1absVFLL74nxjIm7TE4C6x39uENydMfiu/view?usp=sharing

Sponsored Links
Lot of work but you could uninstall the cupboard and move it forward and infill rear to accommodate FF.You could tile the infill to hide it.Remove any rear panels.

Last edited:
what is the width of the appliance, and what is the width of the doors?

Sponsored Links
I had to buy a new fridge because the old one wasn't working. Unfortunately I couldn't find one that was small enough to fit properly inside the unit/cupboard the old one was housed inside, so had to take off the unit doors. It all looks a bit ugly now. Any ideas for a nice looking solution? I still have the doors so ideally those would go back on but I can't see how that would be possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1absVFLL74nxjIm7TE4C6x39uENydMfiu/view?usp=sharing
Get one of the doors cut and fit it above , can see predrilled holes for hinge backplates from here.
Needed integrated FF to fit in a cab

Take the back of the unit off and see if that gives you a few cm. then install a shelf on top and underneath to raise it up. But really you want a fitted fridge / freezer or two separate units.

American FF doors stick well proud of cabinet lines , last one I saw was 720 deep .
The doors are proud of the cabinets as not to restrict opening .
Tidy the missing door above an it shouldnt look to bad .

Should of bought an integrated, if you manage to house that freestanding FF and get the unit doors back on make sure there is plenty of ventilation for it, I.e vent in plinth otherwise it will overheat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back