New front door fitted large gap between upvc and plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a new arch window and door fitted last month and there is a large gap been left between the upvc frame trim and the plaster.
as you can see it goes right round the arch. I was hoping someone could give me an idea on how to fill this gap, I was thinking of a little bit of expanding foam and then skimming over the top with plaster. But I an not sure would be very grateful for any help. P.s the window company not interested as they say nothing to do with them. Thanks very much .

Sponsored Links
The trim on the reveal next to the bullnose bead looks shocking its never going to look right why couldn't they fit it tighter? Also fit a smaller trim so it don't overhang the bullnose? Is the window the wrong size? The arch looks easy enough to sort looks like you can put some caulk around it you can get caulk especially for upvc window frames but on that reveal I would take the trim off and get a narrower one so it don't over hang bead I would also consider floating the reveal out a bit and create a sort of step but recessed back a bit from bead and fit the narrow trim on that , how wide is the gap on the arch? it looks small im looking on a phone

thanks for your advice :) I think they had a problem with fitting the door due to old movement in the house, so they told me anyway. The arch gap is pretty small but as you can see it gets bigger as it comes down. I think I am going to have to get a professional in to sort it out as I think its beyond me :(
I was hoping for an easy fix, shame nothing seems to be straight forward when it comes to DIY :D Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back