New front door....insulated?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House i am buying is tiny and i will be replacing windows and front door.

There is no hallway.

The front door opens into the tiny living room.

What door do you recommend as i dont want draughts coming in. Composite ok? Solid or insulated? Or something else?

I will probably be hanging a thick curtain there too unless anyone has a better idea.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I see composite front doors all over the place looking nasty and faded and you can't paint them easily, and you're sort of lumbered with them once you've 'upgraded a thermal element'. Is the existing door actually rotten? Is there any space for an external porch?

Rubbish old UPVC front door which leads out directly to the pavement. No room for anything externally and no room internally for an inner porch or hallway.

Sponsored Links
If I was having a new front door it would be steel insulated from Latham or similar, not brilliant U Value though whilst on paper composite is better I doubt you would notice.

Composite seems the way forward then?

I see some are solid cores while others are not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back