New gas meter??

27 Dec 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a gas supply into my shop, but no meter. I am VERY confused as to who I should contact to have a meter installed - the shop is in SE London . .

Transo? National Grid? Southern Gas? arrrrrrahhhhhhh!
Sponsored Links
transco are in charge upto meter outlet so call them and they will inform you if diffrent
You need to contact a gas supplier.

Depending on who your supplier prefers to do business with, National Grid (used to be Transco) may do the work via OnStream, but they won't talk to you.

All contact needs to go via the gas supplier.
The post above this one is correct- the chosen supplier will get their preferred MAMCOP contractor to fit the meter. I would add that it is incorrect to say that the installation company will not talk to you, why wouldn't they?
Sponsored Links
Sorry, I was being fippant.

The MAP/MAM wouldn't be rude enough to simply ignore the customer if they rang up, but all requests have to go via their supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local