new guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whil;e I was on my hols my neighbour had new gutters installed , we live in a semi sharing the downpipe ,just on my side of the boundary .
Looks nice but it is about three inches higher than the original and where it meets the downpipe they raised the downpipe spout up and have bent the guttering from my side `up` to meet the conection .
This results in my water on my side unable to fight gravity to flow to the downpipe as normal and it just floods in to my bay window.
any ideas?
I had a `talk` with my neighbour who said they had more important thing to worry about than gutters! havnt we all!!
So what do you think is the best course of action without stressing me out too much ( im at that age!) :oops: :evil:
thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
If it`s that much higher- then disconnect your gutter end from the downpipe and let it run out over his side :idea:

yes disconnect it so it's back in the correct level, it should be no hardship for him to drop a couple of few to your level

Sponsored Links
I have ow disconnected from their new gutter and placed the downpipe bend and my gutter back at the correct old level.
Theirs is now about 3-4 inches higher and both are open ended at the mo ,mine would pour down the pipe but I guess theirs would over flow some down the pipe and some may miss.
hoping they take the hint and get their builder back to fix it,I wouldnt mind if they cap it off on both as its no prob to me or if they put an incline on their gutter to meet the spout,but just to do what they did was tacky work and I think and causes needless agro , espesh when I was away on holiday as well!!
cheers guys,will keep you informed of the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back