New hardwood exterior door painting tips

RMS

as i do but if you are choosing a paint system due to the guarantee would you follow the recommended system due to the fact that it would guarantee the work for up to 8 years or just ignore it and take full responsibility for the failure of the system?

as i see that you post in the electrical forum would you fit electrical equipment against the manufacturer's instructions? and if not why?

Sponsored Links
RMS

as i do but if you are choosing a paint system due to the guarantee would you follow the recommended system due to the fact that it would guarantee the work for up to 8 years or just ignore it and take full responsibility for the failure of the system??
This is where the experience part comes into play. Remember the terminology "manufacturer's recommendations". You will find if you speak to many technical departments there is more than one way to get a satisfactory outcome. If your still i doubt, get it in writing.

as i see that you post in the electrical forum would you fit electrical equipment against the manufacturer's instructions? and if not why?
Are you experienced in this field? If so you will clearly understand the safety implications here.

RMS

yes with regards to the safety aspect of adhering to manufacturer's information, but would another reason be to ensure the equipment was covered via a guarantee? i could for example fit a shower in a safe way i.e the right size cable for the rating and using the correct protective device, but install it at a different height/location that was stated. i would therefor not be covered through the guarantee if it became faulty. would you agree?

elrobbo, you seem to be dwelling on the electrical aspect. This is a "Decorating and Painting forum". Nevertheless, manufacturers will provide recommendations, they will also give instructions. There is a difference.

RMS
i could for example fit a shower in a safe way i.e the right size cable for the rating and using the correct protective device, but install it at a different height/location that was stated. i would therefor not be covered through the guarantee if it became faulty. would you agree?

You have failed to state if these are instructions or recommendations set out by the manufacturer. Has this example been plucked out of thin air? If not what type of shower are you refereing to?

Remember elrobboo, There are some experienced professionals on the forum. They have devised their own methods using their skills, experience and training. We call this competence.

Sponsored Links
RMS

these are instructions not recommendations and do have to be followed with regards to guarantee and regulations but i feel that this is now off topic and will not continue with this thread due to this.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back