New Hardwood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a Bruce Oak floor which I intend to lay myself. They manufacturers suggest either glue down or hidden nail installation but I was wondering if it is possible to lay it as a floating floor over fiberboard underlay as my floor is a mixture of wooden floor boards and concrete and quite uneven. the boards are 0.8mm x 57mm in various lengths is this suitable for floating installation?

many thanks

(edit)
Sorry for postin gthis as a new topic I noticed have noticed an earlier thread that appears to answer my question althought the planks they used are wider than the strips I have will this make a difference?

Sponsored Links
thank you for your reply. I thought that information referred only to certain types of flooring. My main concern is over the widths of the strips I have laid many other floating floors and all have been around 6" wide as have the floors laid by others on this forum using the floating method I was worried that being only 2 1/4" wide my floor might not be structurally strong enough to lay as a floating.

Sponsored Links
Providing you use a good strong rapid wood glue then you will have no problem, in fact the narrow flooring strip will be a lot stronger as more glue is being use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back