new Hi-Fi

do you remember when cd,s were on tomorrows world? they said that they would be indestructible and demonstrated by driving a steam roller over them and water etc, well they got that wrong didn't they? as for vinyl compared to cd, I've bought cd versions of some of my vinyl collection and was amazed at some of the instrumentals that I'd never heard before.um Jaz nice :D

Sponsored Links
I remember seeing The Beatles Bristol mid 60's ... Sounded f'all like vinyl, or anything else .. When you could hear them that is ... Sitting in seat, feet firmly on floor, elbows on knees, fingers in ears - quite plainly heard then !! Several of the girls in our group tape recorded the whole extravaganza ... totally poor, but nevertheless totally real as it happened ..... The world changed, pivotal times :) :)

I went to see rod stewart and the faces in Leeds in the early 70s and it was flipping brillient, I think :D cant stand Rod Stewart now :rolleyes:

Not to boast, but I went to see Britney Spears in 2000, got seats in the first few rows. To our advantage, we were also a clear 2 feet taller than anyone else around us so no problem with the view.

But the screaming was so loud I could honestly feel wind on the back of my head! It didn't sound at all like vinyl... unless it was vinyl fingernails being scraped down a vinyl blackboard, into a vinyl megaphone that was cupped against my ear.

On the positive side, had Britney decided to throw something vinyl into the crowd, we would have been able to catch it. We kept reminding each other of this all evening, just in case she did this with one of her famous catsuits and we had to rush the crowd to get them. The most amusing thing about that concert was that dotted all around the arena you could see groups just like ours, of half-a-dozen blokes all in their early twenties.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
I went to see rod stewart and the faces in Leeds in the early 70s and it was flipping brillient, I think :D cant stand Rod Stewart now :rolleyes:

I had a brief pang of respect for Rod Stewart when I read he had been in the Faces. Lasted about 14 seconds. I had a brief relapse the next time I heard "Lazy Sunday", until I remembered that was the Small Faces, which was before he joined. Then I remembered I don't like Rod Stewart at all, apart from "Do ya think I'm sexy".

What's with all the tartan?

Rodders apparently proud Scot .. turned a shilling or two ... More fems than Georgie B .... and survived, almost !!
:D :D :D

Ronnie wood was wearing a blue suit covered with white clouds (very cool) and when he went on to join the stones.... well he was in his rightful place wasn't he.

Funny how most middle aged men will linger around the music and musicians of their period of growing up whereas most middle aged women will go for the likes of boyzone and take that. :)

Perhaps we saw the big rip off for what it was and dropped the lot ... thereafter. :D

I was going along the lines that it may be a "Good looks" factor with the women rather than the talent. maybe that's why i can't stand the wife's music :LOL:

kendor said:
I was going along the lines that it may be a "Good looks" factor with the women rather than the talent.

My wife listens to a lot of Madonna and Shania Twain. Should I be worried or should I invite them round for a candlelit dinner?

ferdinanddebargos said:
Vinyl is far superior to CD's

I have been a great fan of vinyl but recently gave up with my turntable because the stylus would skip all over the place when I drove over bumps.

petewood said:
kendor said:
I was going along the lines that it may be a "Good looks" factor with the women rather than the talent.

My wife listens to a lot of Madonna and Shania Twain. Should I be worried or should I invite them round for a candlelit dinner?

Well Shania Twain is a veggie :confused: well...you know.... just thought you should know......sometimes its a hassle cooking for veggies and if she turned up and you'd cooked steak it might be abit embarrassing and then if I said I knew she was a veggie you'd say "well why the hell didn't you tell me" so nut cutlets?. :D

Richardp said:
Well Shania Twain is a veggie :confused: well...you know.... just thought you should know......sometimes its a hassle cooking for veggies and if she turned up and you'd cooked steak it might be abit embarrassing and then if I said I knew she was a veggie you'd say "well why the hell didn't you tell me" so nut cutlets?. :D
That won't impress me much.

At lunchtime today I wandered into the town centre, I saw all the top blart about and thought...

"Man, I feel like a woman". :rolleyes:

Shania Twain? I would. Madonna? I wouldn't.

Sponsored Links
Back