new house and the alarm company want £140 for the engineers code

Sensible Options are ....A replace pcb and reprogram
B contact installer pay to have code changed

Sponsored Links
Sensible Options are ....A replace pcb and reprogram
B contact installer pay to have code changed
Yes was considering new pcb but as I'm in no rush at all and have a fully working alarm system, thought I could try the cold attack option.
I did call the installer but they advised £100 call out and £80/hr of work and a replacement PCB can be gotten online for £65

Is there a tamper alarm after x number of wrong entries?

Hi Sally, no idea but I do have the normal set/rest code that I use daily to arm/disarm so I guess that should turn off the alarm if tamper is set off??

Sponsored Links
Yes was considering new pcb but as I'm in no rush at all and have a fully working alarm system, thought I could try the cold attack option.
I did call the installer but they advised £100 call out and £80/hr of work and a replacement PCB can be gotten online for £65

What system do you have?

Have you not tried the normal code reset procedure?
Hi,
Yes i did the normal engineer reset procedure but I feel the NVM is locked because nothing happens.

Can I default the whole PCB to factory (via the default button/power) if NVM locked and then proceed to re-program?? Could this be a work around?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back