New house, has alarm but not working (gardtec 800)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We bought a house a few months ago and it has gardtec 800 alarm system. No codes or anything, the key panel has no power to it but looking at the wiring center a fuse has been removed.

We have been renovating and the house was broken into a couple of days ago and all our tools including borrowed demolition/construction equipment was taken :evil:

Looking to get the alarm operational again but afraid to put power to it incase it goes off and i cant stop it! Will killing the mains at the fuse box and removing backup battery stop siren?

Is there anyway to reset the alarm to default profile? I used to fit car alarms so i think i should be able to handle the wiring and diagnostics etc.
or are these engineer only systems?

Are these still regarded as decent systems? I think it has a wireless receiver fitted too, but of the 4 sensors i've found in the house/outbuildings everything is wired and the wiring center has 4 sensors wired in.
don't want to spend money to get it going again its not worth fixing

Thanks Neil

Sponsored Links
It's likely the fuse needs replacing, but without functional codes you are not going to be able set, re-set or disarm.
Is there an installers contact number, as they should have a default code.
Does the previous owner have this information.

The engineer code can be locked on this panel which would make it a scrapper.

Yep im pretty sure the fuse will fire up the panel, Found an installers manual with default codes etc but i dont want to try and get it going without being able to stop it if it goes off lol.

Have been trying the number on the bell box since friday and although its ringing, theres no answer. Will give them a call again at lunch today as i know a few places dont start back until this morning.

Previous owner never used it or even lived there (rented out) and the previous previous owner (lives up the road) had her codes changed before she left.

Hopefully get through to the installation company if they are still about.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Im guessing the engineer code is set by the installer to stop owners fiddling with the settings?

Managed to get through to installers and have them coming out to look tomorrow :mrgreen:

I don't agree with that personally. It's your alarm and you should have full info over it. Just as you would if you purchased it from a shop.

Very true, i will ask that they will reset the alam to default, as ive found a wireless receiver is fitted too but i cant find any wireless sensors.

I dont want to have to pay for a wireless (or wired) sensor to be installed and activated if im capable of doing it myself.

Hopefully they will reset it to default codes

If it's not locked you can do that yourself.

a) Pressing 1, 9, YES, NO during initial power up will revert the Master Code
and Engineer Code (not locked engineer code) back to factory defaults.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back