New House Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am a bit of a gadget freak (sorry) and I am looking to replace my standard thermostat with something a bit better looking, and that will offer some better control.

Now I have found loads, but the one that is the best looking, from my point of view is sold by an under floor heating company.

Is there any reason I could not use this to switch a relay for a combi rather than switching on underfloor heating?

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
Without seeing the one in question its a bit hard to comment, however I would suggest emailing or phoneing the manafacture and asking them!

sorry dont mean to rain on your parade!

Brian

Thank you, it's all good, i don't want to spend the money then ask after, hehe.

Downloaded the instructions, and it looks it can be setup to use either a floor sensor or inbuilt room sensor. So that looks positive.

I will give them a call in the morning, thanks for the idea. Guess a thermostat is a thermostat, so printable should be the same.

Cheers
Will

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

I am a bit of a gadget freak (sorry) and I am looking to replace my standard thermostat with something a bit better looking, and that will offer some better control.

Now I have found loads, but the one that is the best looking, from my point of view is sold by an under floor heating company.

Is there any reason I could not use this to switch a relay for a combi rather than switching on underfloor heating?

Cheers,

would of thought its a yes, all it does is send a signal to open the zone on manifold, so why cant it send a signal to bring on a boiler, switch in switch out
Will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back