Thermostat Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope you can help me, I have a 3 bedroom Bungalow, with loft room. Have a Baxi Combi Boiler and Thermostatic Radiator Valve's on all.

Have a super basic thermostat at the moment. Was looking to upgrade this to something a little more intelligent. With different settings for day and night, and I am a bog gadget freak and buy things with lights on and stuff (I know, I know).

Been looking at touch screen ones, form Honeywell, look pretty cool.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of such things.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
Why not hqave a RF Room Stat fitted and simply carry to sender unit around with you that way it will respond to the temperature in room that you are currently in, although unless your house is the size of Beckingham Palace I really can't see the point!! ;)

I would rather not have to carry something around. Wanted something with multipal programs, like at night a lower temp, but not too low, then it automaticly ups the temp. Ready for when I get up. I had something similar in my old house, a digital programmable one.

Cant remember what one it was.

Best solution is probably a programmable stat such as Honeywell CM907 a 7 day programmable stat that is battery operated and just has live in and live out to boiler. Stat has low battery indicator to tell you when to change the two AA batteries. Each of the 7 days can be programmed individually. you can even purchase the optimum start version where you tell the stat what temp you require at each part of the day and it does the maths and calculates when to bring on heating. Another great manufacturer is Syxth Sense, check out their website for gadget goodies. They offer similar product to Honeywell with cooler display. www.syxthsense.com

Happy Stat Hunting

Sponsored Links
Best solution is probably a programmable stat such as Honeywell CM907 a 7 day programmable stat that is battery operated and just has live in and live out to boiler. Stat has low battery indicator to tell you when to change the two AA batteries. Each of the 7 days can be programmed individually. you can even purchase the optimum start version where you tell the stat what temp you require at each part of the day and it does the maths and calculates when to bring on heating. Another great manufacturer is Syxth Sense, check out their website for gadget goodies. They offer similar product to Honeywell with cooler display. www.syxthsense.com

Happy Stat Hunting

FANTASTIC, I have just ordered a Syxth Sense with external temp sensor as well. Exactly what I wanted. Thank You so much.

Who would have thought, Syxth Sense is a company owned by someone I used to work with when I did my apprenticeship at Satchwell. Small world.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back