new install with metal door frame

bkh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have installed a new metal door frame and a metal door. there is a gap on either side of the door and the frame . the inside of the frame is 36 inches and the door is 35 1/4 inches wide. how can i adjust the frame so it fits closer to the door?

will i need to cut the factory frame? any suggestions? i am in panama and my workers do not understand this is not an acceptable situation....any problem solving will need to be done by me.

bkh

Sponsored Links
fit draughtstripping

We also have intumescent strips with a brush seal for smoke, they are normally rebated into the frame or door edge but if you can find something similar it could be stuck or screwed to the frame and take up the gap, giving the the added benefit of smoke and daught resistance.

Have you asked the manufacturers of the doorset yet?

thanks for the advice john. this am i got the moto tool out and although it took a while i cut down one end of the top strip. i was concerned about cutting too much , so the stripping is a good tip. i did a quick dry fit and there is still a gap but, much smaller. it connected well and you cannot tell which end i cut. the workers will put it in tomorrow.

i am in panama and it is difficult for me to find answers locally.....no trade mark on the door or frame.

thanks again,

bkh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back