New kitchen connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hopefully a simple one for you.

I have 1-1.5 inches of brown soilpipe sticking up from the existing concrete floor in our kitchen-of-the-future. This pipe joins into the main soil pipe underground which exiting into the main manhole outside the house. From the smell coming out of the pipe it's a direct pipe run.

We intend to plumb in a double sink and dish washer into this pipe once the kitchen goes in. I want to know what sort of fitting I should be using in the end the soil pipe which will give me a nice air tight seal etc. I will then connect my 40mm sink waste in later on. Obviously the trap will be in the 40mm run further up.

I need to sort this now because I'm installing a wooden floor into the room and as there is only 1 inch of the brown stuff to connect to which will be even shorter once the floor is in.

Some kind of solvent welded bulkhead ?

Thanks v much

Wert

Sponsored Links
ahh - nice one.

Taking that idea into google how about this

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/131.asp ( scroll to bottom of page ).

Basically a 110mm plug with a 40mm socket. The question would be how do you secure the plug into the plastic soil pipe ( i.e glue ? )

On second thoughts... if I did solvent weld it and I later wanted to remove it I would have problems as there is so little soil pipe above the concrete.

Ideally I would want a push fit version of the above ?

thanks again

Sponsored Links
ahh - nice one.

Taking that idea into google how about this

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/131.asp ( scroll to bottom of page ).

Basically a 110mm plug with a 40mm socket. The question would be how do you secure the plug into the plastic soil pipe ( i.e glue ? )

On second thoughts... if I did solvent weld it and I later wanted to remove it I would have problems as there is so little soil pipe above the concrete.

Ideally I would want a push fit version of the above ?
Those products normally fit into a connector and not into a pipe so wouldn't really work. The rubber thing I posted or the part 13445 from your link will suffice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back