New Kitchen Flooring Need Some Advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am in the process of updating my kitchen floor, I have just ripped up the carpet and the are vinyl tiles underneath laid directly onto the concrete floor (see below pic).

We are on a very tight budget so we cant afford expensive floor tiles so we was thinking of getting vinyl floor tiles you can get a pack of six for less than £2.00, but I was wondering should I lay the tiles on top of the tiles already down or should I rip them up and lay them directly onto the concrete, which would produce the best finish and last the longest, also is the another budget option you could advise instead of vinyl tiles ?

Sponsored Links
I'm only a DIYer, but my sugestion would be to lift the carpet.

If the old tile floor is level and not damp, you can remove all lose dust and lay vinyl flooring over the tiles.

I would use vinyl flooring that come in a contious length on a roll. I just did my parents bathroom and it cost about £25. I used a cheap flooring ( thin flooring ) as it didn't mater If I got it a bit wrong. The thiner stuff is a bit easier to lay. I did't even used an adhesive to stick it down, just ran a bead of silicone around the floor/wall joints.

Vinyl tiles are only available in a few colours, from a few outlets and difficult to stick down, especial is the existing floor is in poor condition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back