How do I fix plywood to a concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
In my kitchen I want to lay plywood prior to laying vinyl tiles. The floor is concrete but not smooth enough to lay tiles directly to it. What is the best way to fix ply to the concrete. Should I also lay a DP membrane down first?
Hope someone can advise!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you say not flat, how 'not flat' are you talking about? Could you not prepare it with a latex, which would sort out up to 20mm of not flatness?

Thanks for response

I only have 10mm clearance between the floor and the base of 2 exterior doors so I'm limited to what I can lay.
The concrete has slight undulations and there are a number of areas which are quite rough. They would show through the vinyl tiles if layed direct. There is also an area which does attract some moisture hence my thoughts about laying a DP membrane

Jonnyboy40..I dont think you understood the above post, up to 20mm.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like Latex will sort you out - with a surface dpm afterwards.

The DPM has to go down first !! Then the screed. This will only raise the floor height by 4mm.

Google (F ball) for all the products and suppliers.

You will need:

P131 primer (or any other neoprene primer)
F75 or F76 surface DPM
Green bag screed with 114 latex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back