New Kitchen Job Order

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just ordered a new Ikea Kitchen and I'm just looking for some guidance for job order.

I've already taken some of the old un-used cabinets out of the current kitchen and moved gas and waste to accomodate lack of service void (Ikea) as a start.

There are several ground and wall cabinets left but the cooker (Range) and Dishwasher and Washing Machine are staying put.

The current kitchen ( L Shaped) has a line of tiles all the way around with several used and un-used sockets attached over them.

Shall I get a spark round now to have a look to show him what needs capping off and what I want to keep ? My plan was as follows

1) Have Spark visit to show him what I want to keep and get moved in terms of electrics.

2) Take a plasterboard saw or Stanley knife and cut all of the existing tiling out and then replace the plasterboard.

3) Remove existing cabinets.

4) Fit new kitchen .

5) Re-Tile onto new plasterboard and have Spark back to fix sockets.

Can anyone see any issues with that , have I missed anything obvious ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back