New kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello does anyone know if i can fit this tap to my kitchen. I currently have mains water for cold and hot water from tank upstairs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200911-101917_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20200911-101917_Word.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
You probably could but consider if you depend on it for drinking water that the cold and the maybe unhealthy hot water are mixed before the spout.

Will i still get decent hot water pressure not sure if this tap is for high pressure systems or low pressure systems

Its not a low pressure tap
Low pressure is what I had installed 0.2Bar ish
I also made sure 22mm Pipe used to connect to the taps specifically in bathroom, which also has a Tap mixer shower
what sort of pressure do you get to the house, from the mains? Ours does seem to go down in the summer, when all the holiday makers arrive

Tank upstairs is this a bungalow or House, mine is a bungalow for hot water in the loft
the spec isays s 1.5 - 5.5bar for the tap you linked

Sponsored Links
Well i doubt i get anywere near 1 bar for my hot water as its coming from the tank upstairs so obviously gravity fed

It is a tap of design which, especially with wear, may allow the high-pressure cold water to escape into the hot pipe, causing your water tank to overflow.

Unless your cold water cistern is more than 15m (gain 0.1bar for every m above an outlet) above the sink then nope, don't install.

The cold water will be okay ask its mains pressure. Im more worried about the hot water

The cold water storage cistern (CWSC) is the large tank in the loft that feeds the hot water cylinder in the cupboard. Unless it's unvented?

The height that the CWSC is above an outlet, when you have gravity hot water, determines the pressure that the hot water exits the outlet at. Every meter above the outlet adds 0.1bar to the pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back