New laminate floor - New Kitchen - which first

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Open plan living room / kitchen.
New flooring throughout and new kitchen to have fitted.
which is best to have done first?
The room is basically an oblong with stairs

(Thinking flooring under kitchen or just to kick strip etc made me ask)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I install the kitchen first, and then lay the laminate or whatever to just under the units......go right back to the wall where there will be a dishwasher or washing machine.
I then scribe the plinths to the floor and fit them when all's done and go over the join with clear silicone.
John :)

I'm with @Burnerman - units first, then floors. I'd also do any scribing cuts you need to on decor end panels, making allowances for the build-up of the new flooring. If at all possible leave installing any them until after the flooring is complete

Sponsored Links
Suggestions and why?
It’s not water proof and even a small spill can ruin it . Put down tile or vinyl around kitchen area.
26D4309E-9D91-4BF7-B0B1-1B611573DD22.jpeg

We had laminate down in kitchen for 10 years, it was in a sorry state by the end of it. Best thing I did was tile our kitchen floor, a bit of effort but far better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back