new lg tv problem currys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wonder if anybody is up to spec with my situation with a new lg tv...I bought it two weeks ago from currys..about the 3rd night it went off and came back on straight away..never thought much of it than about 1 week later done it again,then a couple of days later done it twice in the same night...spoke to the help line who said take it back to the store..took it back and they said they will exchange or refund when they see a fault with it, now if it does not do it within the next 2-3 days they are going to say its all ok..but not sure how they are going to see the fault unless some watches it 24/7 because when it goes off it comes back on straight away, I may get it hoem and it may do it once in the next 6 months or 6 times in one day..... this is more of a rights question than a repair question but I have a feeling its going to be a battle, I felt as though when I took it back to the shop they suspected I was telling lies...I only want a working tv that I have paid for

Sponsored Links
Just ask for a refund and, if they refuse, tell them you are taking it straight to the local Trading Standards office. Don't let them fob you off with promises of further testing. Get an immediate refund or take it to Trading Standards.

P.s. It would greatly help our understanding if you typed a single full stop and a space after a sentence, then began the next sentence with a capital letter, just as I've done here.

Just ask for a refund and, if they refuse, tell them you are taking it straight to the local Trading Standards office. Don't let them fob you off with promises of further testing. Get an immediate refund or take it to Trading Standards.

P.s. It would greatly help our understanding if you typed a single full stop and a space after a sentence, then began the next sentence with a capital letter, just as I've done here.

Cheers sam, they said before a refund they have to see the fault :confused:
I will give them a couple of days but it may or may not re-appear. When I handed it back to them they looked at me as if I was Fred West saying I was innocent!!!!!.
I will work on my typing and slap myself on the wrist.

LG stands for Lifes good not for the customer Hopefully you got a refund as its your right many other people have had problems with LG including myself Large buzzing sound then stops and reappears days later now it switches off and on. LG said I have to pay for an engineers report before they will say anything. Why pay £600 when you will have to take 5 year guarantee (£200)
I have Sansung 7 years old Toshiba 5 years old working . LG died 16mths Life Gone!!

Sponsored Links
...spoke to the help line who said take it back to the store..

Just a thought, seeing as LG is happy to sort the issue out, If you re-contacted LG help and tell them Currys won't refund / replace the telly they may contact the store and tell em to exchange it / refund you.

Or ask for an e-mail you can print out and take to Currys as proof?

I bought a samsung recorder and got poor service from both Samsung and Currys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back