New Li ion cell phone battery dead on arrival.

N

nauseous

Hi everyone. Not sure this is the right sub to put this on, perhaps MODS can move it to the correct one if not.

Have heard these batterys always are supposed to arrive partially charged as you should never let them drain completely as it can damage them. It's an old model phone so the battery could have been sitting in a ware house for a few years, idk. Should I send it back for a refund or maybe just put it on the charger and chance it?

Sponsored Links
you cannot charge a dead lion battery as there is no path for the volts to reach the battery
thats why they will hold say 7% off a charge then shut down just to make sure the path is open to charge

The fact is has no voltage or output does not mean it is totally discharged or damaged.
If it has protection circuits built into the battery (as most do), then that will cut off the cell when the charge reaches a certain low level, and it will appear to have no charge.

Suggest you connect it to the charger.
If it's just in a low state it will recharge normally.
If it really is bust, then it won't.

So it might not be dead then if it's reserved approx 7% charge? Confused dot.com.

Also the seller says you must charge it for 12 hours first off!

Sponsored Links
So it might not be dead then if it's reserved approx 7% charge? Confused dot.com.

Also the seller says you must charge it for 12 hours first off!
nooo what i am saying a battery will hold back a bit to make sure it will work for perhaps 99% off situations even with a long bit off unused time but once flat it wont work
yes you can try several attempts to charge for perhaps 1hr then 2hrs then 3 hrs etc but don't rely on it haveing the perhaps 7% as thats probably now gone as it doesnt work

Okay thanks big all. Think I shall charge it as instructed by seller and see if it can hold its charge, assuming
it charges at all. See how it acts for a few days, if it doesn't perform well then i'll return it for a refund.

Back