New light, no spare terminals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a new IP65 rated light as our bathroom one started flickering and I was pretty certain the type of light had no business being in a bathroom anyway, confirmed by the amount of rust and not being sealed.

I took down the old one and it was a bit tight to see and some of the wiring popped out of place when I manoeuvred it to take a look. It looks like the two red wires were connected to a spare terminal. One black wire was in live and one black wire was in neutral. I'm not sure which was which as the tiny bit of red tape had fallen off in to the light fixture. The two earth were in earth. I will have to use a multimeter to work out which is the switch wire.

However, the new light fixture does not have any spare terminals. Only live, neutral and earth. Am I right in thinking I can use something like a Wago 2 way connector on them?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back