New machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As none of you seem to know what could be wrong with my machine (posts below)
Could you recommend which new one to go for?
Makes to stay away from?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
hi keep away from hotpoint as they are crap and hoover. and dont get a digital machine there a pain.

i dissagree with your comment about hotpoint.

trouble is if you did a survey you could find some that will hate all brands and some others that will like all brands

i suggest you choose what you like, but see what you get with it, for example a hp you get 5 years free parts if fitted by a hp engineer. i think a few others do this too

Sorry, now that Hotpoint are no more than dressed up Indesit/Ariston machines I have to agree and advise "steer clear".
My personal recommendation would be a mid range german built Bosch, avoid the Spanish and Polish ones. If money is no object then it's Miele.
You're going to be hard pressed to avoid any electronic machine as most of them have gone over to electronics.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, I am surprised that Hotpoint are now considered *****, the ones we've had in the past always served us well.
I will probably go with Bosch though, as my Bosch power tools have never let me down. Cheers.

If you go for a Bosch, make sure there is an advertising sticker on the front of it that says "made in Germany". No sticker = Spain or Poland.
The labels inside/on the rear will say "made in EU" on all of them.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back