New medium pressure connection Gas Regulator/Box governor - who fits it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We have just changed over our house from oil heating to gas. Cadent conducted a site survey and stated we had medium pressure. Our energy supplier Octopus stated they would fit a Gas Regulator/Box governor and a meter and that there was no issue with it being MP. Now after Cadent have completed the works, Octopus state they can not fit the Gas Regulator/Box governor (despite confirming in writing twice that they would) and that Cadent need to do it.
Both companies insist it is the job of the other one to do this (the company fitting our boiler have also stated it is down to the supplier - Octopus) but neither firm are budging and we are stuck without gas! Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought it would be the responsibility of the gas transporter (GT), in your case Cadent. However if Octopus energy have committed in writing, I would suggest you pursue that Avenue. There are more experienced colleagues on here who can probably advise better.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/informatio...bout-your-energy-supplier-or-network-operator

Complain, in writing, by letter. Not phone or email. Head your letter "Customer Complaint."

Resist their attempts to divert you into a phone call. If they do, send a new letter each time. "To confirm my telephone conversation on (date) with (name), you agreed to...."

If the person refuses to give their name, say, while you are speaking to them "I'll just make a note of this.... refused to give name." And in your letter, write "with person who refused to give name."

Thanks all, we had emailed Ofgem and are still awaiting their reply. I'll get writing as JohnD suggests and post any updates

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back