New mixer shower

cdw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have always had a mixer shower over the bath, which has worked perfectly, with no issues regarding flow or pressure. As the diverter had broken and the unit was old, I today had it replaced by a plumber. Now it would seem that the flow is reduced. The pressure seems fine when I use the mixer tap in the bath, but when I switch it to shower the flow is reduced. With my old one, the flow was ok but a little low when I had hot water only turned on, but when I added cold, this added substantially to the flow. It seems with this new one, there is no difference to the flow when I add more cold water - it stays exactly the same. Does anyone know what could be the problem? (It is a gravity fed system).

Sponsored Links
It is gravity both. The hot comes from the tank and the cold from a header tank in the attic

Maybe it's a fault with, diverter, hose, shower head, plumber.
Have you not asked him? Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
is there any chance you could be running into negative head or close to the bottom of the cold water tank?

Have a look at the installation instructions for the shower, some have a moveable selector to select betwwen gravity or mains/combi and some you swap reducers depending on your system before fitting, as your last shower worked ok I would think you dont have a tank positioning problem

Thanks - there is nothing on the instructions regarding a choice between types of system. I did try a different hose, swapping for one with a larger bore and this has improved the flow. However, there is still no difference in the flow if I turn the tap on full or a little, or if I add loads of cold water, whereas with my previous shower it made a huge difference. If I turned both taps on fully it was quite powerful, whereas with this new one, it makes no difference to the flow whether I have just hot, or hot and cold, or taps on a little or taps on fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back