New Mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am new to DIY, so need some advice

I spent today installing a new mixer tap into my bathroom.

It all went ok, but when we turned the water back on, one of the taps leaked from the bolt where the pipe is connected to the tap unit behind the bath. It was as tight as it could possibly go.

Is this a case of replacing the washer in the nut, or is it a bigger problem that i need to get a professional to?

Please help.

Al.

Sponsored Links
If you can't even install a mixer tap you need to get someone in. No offence, just that some people need to know when to admit defeat.

Yes, thank you.

As i said, i HAVE installed the tap and it works fine. HOWEVER, there is a slight leak and am not sure quite how to tackle the problem.

IS it just a washer or a more serious problem?

As i said, my first job. Everyone has had a first one and its nerve wracking.

Sponsored Links
solo said:
...some people need to know when to admit defeat.
Perhaps you should concede that you're no good at advising novices?

Thank you for all your advice.

Will try the new washers immediately. the only reason that i never thought of putting new ones in was that there werent any there already.... The previous plumber wasnt a plumber at all but a odd jobs man who may not have been up the the job....

Will let you know how it goes.

Hey Softus. He had a leak from a bolt!! I may be no good at advising novices but I've been to plenty who with the best will in the world were never going to get the job done. Maybe I should have advised him to put a bowel under the leak until he got it sorted.

Who's have thought! an 8p washer sorted out 6 hours of tinkering!!

Cheers for the advice folks, most very handy!!

Will be back if i need any more help in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back