New multiple soil and waste connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the midst of planning the soil and waste connections for two bathrooms which are back to back. The soil stack is at the side of one bathroom (BR1). The other bathroom (BR2) is separated from that soil stack by just over three metres - across the width of BR1.

I need to run two WCs (they will be back to back, one in each bathroom) into a double branch socket (with a stub stack and AAV on top) and then run the soil pipe across BR1, through the wall and out to the main stack. I then need to run a shower waste from BR2 under the floor space of BR1 and outside. There will also be a bath waste and a shower waste from BR1 also coming out to the outside wall.

My question (yes there is one) concerns the best way to join the three waste pipes into the soil stack. At least one of the wastes will need to be 50mm due to the long run (I will also put an internal waste vent next to the shower in BR2 to protect the trap).

The way I see it, I could run three waste pipes into separate bosses on the stack to avoid any danger of any one waste upsetting either of the other two - but is this overkill?

The other way would be to join the three wastes along the run from the furthest one to the stack, using swept tees or branches. But what size pipe to use on this main run? Would 50mm be sufficient or would it be more sensible to have a larger pipe running across, into which the three wastes could safely flow?

- Follow up - don't worry I've found a better way and sorted it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back