new oil boiler advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a new kitchen fitted and before it is fitted I would like to replace our 25 year old oil boiler. We have a Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 which is serviced by removing the worktop. She who must be obeyed no longer wants her kitchen wrecked to carry out a service, so is there an oil boiler that can be serviced from the front of the boiler. We do not have the room for an outside boiler or a wall mounted due to the extension being her next demand using up available space. We do not want a combi boiler either as I like my pumped power shower and a hot tank of water in case the boiler fails.

Many thanks to all who read and reply.

Sponsored Links
Worcester Greenstar Camray.

Quote. As floor standing boilers, they can be installed under a worktop, provided there’s enough room for clearance and maintenance. The Greenstar Camrays are front-servicing so you don’t need access to top of the boiler via a removable kitchen worktop

Anyone who's serviced a Greenstar Camray will know it needs access from all areas. That's because it's the most awkward oil boiler ever to work on. I'm sure her who MBO'd will soon opt for a removable worktop when you've costed this out. Your old Danesmoor could work indefinately if looked after.

Anyone who's serviced a Greenstar Camray will know it needs access from all areas. That's because it's the most awkward oil boiler ever to work on. I'm sure her who MBO'd will soon opt for a removable worktop when you've costed this out. Your old Danesmoor could work indefinately if looked after.

I bow to your superior knowledge

Sponsored Links
Wasn't being rude.

Was going by the blurb, although closer investigation shows you need 300mm gap above the boiler for servicing????

So I am in the wrong it appears :oops:

Always good to be able to get to the top of an oil boiler, never know when you might need to sort a leak, I'm yet to come across one that's completely front-servicing, always makes life easier if you can get in the top.

Oh and don't go putting granite over it, had to lift a granite 'removable' worktop to get at a Worcester today, damn near killed me picking it up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back